Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Please Don't Hit On Me Or Pay Me A Compliment!

In short spare us women! Maya logged into her email account this morning to find a message on Facebook, from a complete stranger.

At first, she thought it was someone she'd met through a few friends as the name seemed familiar. But as she read the message, she wanted to pull out her eyelashes one at a time to blind her eyes in pain so that she would stop staring at the screen.

Email pasted below:

Subject: ola como estas senorita :D

I'm writing an essay on the finer things in life. Can I interview you? :)

hey wassup how u doin :) sorry if u thought that was a cheesy pick up line, well i felt the same, but the dialogue " jab dag ache key kiye ho tho acha hai na " (surf exel) i think :) is so apt here na :) i hope u get the point ):) hehehe sorry for my terrioble hindi anyways if i my corny sense of humor made left you with a desire for more :) or made any sort of impression, would like to hear from you :) . hey i may not make the best 1st impression, mayb an k second, but my 3rd, 4th , 5th 6th .... are bang on good :)......


So if i didn't come off, even with a slightest hint of being a jerk here( i don't do this often, so lil shy happening) , hopin to hear from u :) ...


Is Maya paranoid? How does one simply ask a woman out these days! Let's face it, even a non-creepy email would have gotten the same response from her or any other woman she knows. The fear is simple - There's gotta be something wrong with this one as well!

Joey, as usual, summed it up perfectly, "So many smileys in such few lines is a sure sign of insanity!"

6 comments:

Fatema said...

Hi - me again. With a comment again! I got one which said:
"hey BeautIuL...
if I say hi.......
u may Think ..whoz this ....
if I ask for chat....u may think why .....
if i ask for frnship.......u may think... i m flirting!
...... so now u only tell me c hw to start wid U......?
can v b among good frdz "
Well, for starters, some grammar and spelling would be welcome. And for seconds - DON'T BLOODY TELL ME WHAT I WILL THINK!!!

Fatema said...

Or this one:
" HeLLoo FaTeMa...

Can u like To Friendship Wit Me..or Give Me ur Email add so i send to You Nice mails...."

No - I no like you send to me Nice mails..creep!

Unknown said...

chaps a case fit for theraphy, plus the so called corny humous is so lame it doesnt even evoke a smirk which probably makes it funny to read how some humans continue living with galatfehemis

Verisimilitude said...

"Hello Anju

I am very intrested in franship and lauvship and promise you that if you reply for me i will give you the tym of your life.

Please poke me back"

Facebook gives me teh creeps!

Noor said...

"so lil shy happening"???!?!!!

Fatema said...

Verisimilitude!!! The laugh your comment evoked!!! I haven't banshee-shrieked like this since ages! The 'poke' comment had me puzzled - apart from the innuendo thing, then aha!! Facebook poke!! If there is one teeny tiny thing I have hated about facebook (apart from Anita the (stalker) psychic), it is the dreaded 'poke'.

Post a Comment