Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How To Ask A Diva For A Date?

The answer to the question is simple - Be in the right place, at the right time, say the right thing, wearing the right thing and feeling the right thing and wanting the right thing!

How tough is that?

Joey asked Maya to stop fuming over the email from the insane guy you read about in "Don't Hit On Me..." But Maya was still not sure that she should reject all (strange/stranger) men who emailed! How else was she likely to meet anyone? It's not like Ahmedabad had any real culture. No plays, no pubs, no half decent libraries, no classy uni-sex salons...HOW??? Work? Please, the men at work are probably antidotes to anything remotely sexual or romantic. Of course she was being idiotic about the no-email-male!

"Ok, so how would you like to get asked out?" Maya queried. "For what? Date? Sex? Friendship?" Joey needs the specifics. Always. "For anything! What DOES it take for a guy to get YOU!"

Joey's eyes rolled with drama! "SIGH. So far, all the approachers have only made me feel violent feelings towards them. I guess I don't like knowing in advance that it's going to be a date or whatever, knowing makes me nervous. But if I'm going to be asked out, I like people who keep it simple, subtle, non-cheesy, non-aggressive, no-nonsense and don't get all glaringly datey about it.

Also, if the first time you ask me out you do it via SMS or email or a telephone call, you'll never get into my pants. NEVER. EVER.

Not a chance in hell I'd become friends with anyone over Facebook etc. I view Facebook with suspicion, distrust and slight paranoia."

Maya realised that is exactly how she felt, a little relieved she took the elevator with Joey and walked into the evening to head home for some self-enforced "me time".

The feeling doesn't leave...is there anywhere one can meet a half-decent man in the city?

Disclaimer: Joey and Maya are complicated women. But why not? If you want ridiculously intelligent women, with guts that can scar and humor that can make you cry, then you've gotta beat the insanely regular!

3 comments:

Fatema said...

I feel your pain Joey and Maya. And I love the line about the "self-enforced 'me time.'"

Anonymous said...

dont u girls think u r desperately desperate...??

Maya said...

@ Anonymous - Yes we are! And by that I mean, really really really desperate ;) You're smart for having figured it all out, and that too all on your own! Wow!

Post a Comment